Frizzy hair is unfortunate, not only for the natural hair, especially for the human hair wig you bought. Almost everyone has had this experience. If you are too familiar with this condition of frizzy hair and you want to know how to deal with it, the first step is to understand what causes frizzy hair so that you can take appropriate precautions. After all, buying a wig is an investment and should take good care of it.
Before we start talking about remedy the frizzy hair, we want to explain what makes your hair frizz. Frizzy hair is basically dehydrated. Hair becomes porous and loses its natural ability to retain moisture, then becomes uneven and untame. For frizzy hair, the cuticle is not tightly knit together, so the texture of the hair becomes weak and rough. Even the wig made of 100% human hair and after left the donor, repair ability is not as natural hair. Or your wig may be frizzy from exposure to hot sunny days for a long time. It may also be due to excessive blow-drying, perming or frequent treatment with chemicals such as alkaline permanents or bleaches.
Frizzy human hair wig can be controlled by the following remedies:
- Try to avoid dying your human hair wig. As we know, the dyed hair is easier to dry. The more natural the hair, the longer it will last.
- Wash the wig in the warm water and use a moisturizing and repairing shampoo to better adapt to the humidity that causes frizzy hair. Don’t wash the wig daily, it can lead to your wig looking less realistic and falling apart.
- Deep conditioning can work great for over-processed wig. After washing your wig, use a moisturizing conditioner that contains vitamin E, aloe vera and panthenol. Leave it for 3-5 minutes. For best results, wrap your hair in a towel and leave the conditioner for 15 minutes. And remember use a high-quality conditioner.
- Don’t use the hairdryer. Turn the wig right-side-out and gently squeeze the water out. Then you can use a towel to remove the excess water. If the wig is long, be sure to smooth it out, not tie it up.
- When your hair is dry, comb it with a wide-toothed comb. Don’t comb your hair while it is still wet. Combing your hair with your fingers will get rid of the tangles.
- Spray the wig with some conditioning spray to help make detangling it easier.
Now that you know how to avoid frizzy hair, try these tips to see what works best for you. One thing is for sure, to have beautiful human hair wig for life, you have to take good care of it.