Hair extensions are big business, and as more and more people get them on their hair, the debate over whether human hair extensions are better than synthetic ones continues to heat up. While some people don’t care about the provenance of the extensions they use, others are very concerned about the ethical issues surrounding all types of extensions. Both human hair and synthetic hair extensions have their pros and cons.
Pros for human hair extensions
- The human hair extensions are made of 100% human hair and vary greatly in texture and color, that is why it’s easy to find a perfect match.
- Unchemically treated human hair extenstions is made from so-called Remy hair, which is the best type of hair for health and texture.
- Human hair extensions can be heated and chemically treated to change its style and color.
- If taken care of properly, human hair extenstions can usually last more than six months.
Cons for human hair extensions
- 100% human hair extensions require more maintenance than synthetic extensions. Just like your own hair, your style is likely to decline in rain or humidity.
- Human hair is much expensive than synthetic hair.
- Human hair color is less than synthetic hair.
Pros for synthetic extensions
- As the raw material is chemicals, the cost is lower than human hair. This is one of its advantages.
- Synthetic extension has “memory”, which means that the style of hair is pre-set and does not fall in the rain or damp like 100% human hair.
- Synthetic extensions are also blended with your own hair to create an almost imperceptible look.
- Synthetic hair is far easier to care for.
Cons for synthetic extensions
- Just can last About 1-3 months.
- Although there are some heat-resistant synthetic materials to choose from. Most synthetic extenstions will melt when heated.
- The synthetic extentions cannot be colored because it can cause irreparable damage.
As you can see, there’s a big difference between your choice of human hair and synthetic hair. Much depends on what you are looking for and what you hope to be able to do when you have them. Without a right or wrong choice, some synthetic materials are super close to mimicking real human hair in ways you can’t even tell apart. In a nutshell, if you need long lasting hair that can be set with your hair, then human hair extnesion is the best choice. If you want an affordable solution, you can replace it once a month or two, and synthetic extensions are what you need.